DES LEE FINE ARTS COLLABORATIVE
2019 HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE FESTIVAL—STUDENT NOMINATION FORM
Please return by Friday, November 9 (email preferred)
October 25, 2018
Dear Theatre Educators:
You are cordially invited to nominate up to four students and one alternate to participate in the Des Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative High School Theatre Festival. The festival will be held on Tuesday, February 6 2019 at the Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center on the University of Missouri St Louis Campus and will conclude with an evening performance on the Touhill stage. John Wolbers, professional actor and member of Metro Theatre Company, will be providing master classes to selected theatre students to create an original work of devised theatre for the evening performance.
The day will also feature presentations for students in Career and Technical Education aspects of theatre with presentations from Stages St. Louis, The Muny and the St. Louis Repertory Theatre. Students will also have a presentation by Andrew Kuhlman, producer of the Broadway Musical The Prom and a workshop on auditioning. Theatre teachers are welcome to join the day for workshops on technical theatre and a chance to collaborate with other theatre teachers.
Students are selected for this honor based on your recommendation
When recommending your student, please observe the following
- Students must be comfortable taking risks and be knowledgeble of theatre etiquette
- Students should be able to learn quickly and be comfortable with improvisation and play writing
- Students should have background in both acting and technical theatre
- Students should be willing to take criticism and grow from this experience
- Students should have an interest in pursuing theatre as a possible career or extended area of study
- Not all students will be selected. This is an honor experience much like All Suburban Choir
When planning for the event please remember
- Instruction begins promptly at 9:00 am. Please arrive by 8:45am
- Students should arrive in clothes that they can move in. However, they may wish to bring a change of clothes for the evening
- Students will receive a break for lunch and dinner and will be responsible for their own meals at the Student Service Center
- The show will begin promptly at 6:30 pm all family, friends and teachers are welcome!
- The concert will include visual art, orchestra, theatre, band and choir .
- Students will have designated seats for the concert and are expected to stay in their designated seats.
- A teacher from your district must be present for the entire day of the festival and should observe the process and help their students succeed. If you personally are unable to attend, your band, choir or orchestra teacher (who is bringing students) can serve as the sponsor for your student (s)
- Please list one alternate should your student be unable to attend the day of the festival
Thank you so much! We are looking forward to sharing the day with your students!
Dr. Doug Erwin
If nominating multiple students, fill in only school name and student information on subsequent forms.
Mail: Dr. Doug Erwin
K-12 Fine Arts Coordinator
Director of Theatre-McCluer High School
Phone: (314) 506-9583