The Sheldon Arts Foundation is pleased to offer professional development for educators. The Sheldon SOLID (Science of Learning Instrument Design) Music Project is a STEAM program, begun three years ago with support of the Boeing Company, which combines the creativity of the arts with the STEM disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Teachers will learn how to integrate the engineering cycle into a creative instrument building project for their classroom.
Attendance is FREE of charge
Contact Sue Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
* Introduction to STEM/STEAM and the STEM/STEAM cycle – Dr. Ray Wicks
* Science of Sound – Educator from the St. Louis Science Center
* Visual Art Component – Ms. Olivia Lahs-Gonzales, Sheldon Art Galleries Director
* World Music Instruments – Dr. Aurelia Hartenberger
* Teacher Engagement-teachers engage in STEM/STEAM cycle and create a unique
music instrument with recycled and repurposed materials provided
* Teachers will receive a certificate and curriculum materials to take back to their